If you are looking to use office software offline, see how you can get Microsoft Office for free as a UNB student: MS Office at UNB.
In addition to giving you 25GB of space in your inbox, Office 365 also gets you access to a 7GB cloud storage account and web versions of Office software. See below for how to use it!
As a UNB student, you have access to web apps of some of the most popular Microsoft Office products (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote).
To use them, log in to your OneDrive using your UNB email address!
- Go to onedrive.live.com and click Sign In in the top right.
- Type in your UNB email and click Next.
- Select OneDrive for Business.
Using Office Web Apps
From within OneDrive, you have access to web versions of:
To use these Office Suite web apps, follow these instructions.
Creating and Saving Documents
In this example, we will create a Microsoft Word file.
- Choose Files from the left-hand menu. If you have any files or folders already uploaded to your OneDrive you will see them now in the main pane.
- Click on + New in the top menu to start working on a new document/presentation/spreadsheet/note (or click Upload to upload to documents already saved on your computer to OneDrive).
- Choose Word document.
- You can now just start your work!
- Your document will be automatically saved to OneDrive as you work.
- If you would like to download the document to your computer, click on the File menu and choose Save As and click Download.
- You now have an offline copy of your document. Any changes you make to this downloaded version will not carry over to the original on your OneDrive.
- When you are finished working, you can now close it and return to your OneDrive files. Do this by clicking your name at the top of the screen.
- You will now see your new document in the top level of your OneDrive (or in a folder if you have created it inside one).
- To make any changes to the file or to share it, select the icon of the document (single click) and look at the top menu for context options.
Sharing Files with Others
- To share a file, select it and click Share from the context menu.
- Type in the email addresses of the people you want to see your document. You can set options to allow people to edit or only view and require them to sign in to see it.
- If the people you share this document with have OneDrive (i.e. you sent to another UNB email address), they will see the document in their Shared folder.
- Likewise, you can see files shared with you from the main OneDrive menu under Shared with me.