MyUNB WiFi: Windows Phone
Use this page to connect your Windows phone to the UNB wireless network. These instructions will work with phones running either Windows Phone 7 (WP7) or Windows Phone 8 (WP8).
- From your start screen, swipe to the left form the right edge to open your apps.
- Select Settings.
- In System Settings, select Wi-Fi.
- Make sure Wi-Fi networking is turned on.
- Select myUNB WiFi from the list of networks.
- Enter your UNB Login ID and UNB Password.
- Make sure Validate server certificate is turned off.
- If you see a connection warning appear, select yes to continue.
You should now be connected to the UNB wireless network.
WP7/8 devices attempt to connect to available networks in alphabetical order. To ensure myUNB WiFi is the strongest network in range while on-campus, remove eduroam, guestUNB WiFi and Setup-myUNB WiFi from the list of available networks:
- Go to Settings and then Wi-Fi.
- For each network you wish to forget, long-press (press and hold until a menu appears) the name of the network and select delete.
- If no menu appears when you long-press, that network is not being remembered.