So you've just bought a new Apple product (or perhaps you have a UNB iPad!) and you want to download some free apps without having to give your credit card information.
The Apple App Store lets you purchase and download apps for your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod and associates your purchases with an Apple ID instead of a specific device. If you already have an Apple ID, this method will not work - these instructions will work for a new account only.
NOTE: These instructions also assume that you are following the steps on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod).
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Fine a free app and tap to download and install it. This must be a free app.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Apple ID. Select Create New Apple ID.
- Choose your country and tap Done.
- Follow the next screens, filling in information as prompted. Continue until you reach the Payment Option screen.
- Tap the Credit Card field and scroll down to the bottom of the list. Select none.
- Continue filling out the required information. Note that you do need a billing address regardless of having no payment option.
- You should then see an Email Verification screen. Tap 'Done'.
- Check your email and click the link sent to you by Apple.
- Log in with your Apple ID email and the password you have created. You now have an Apple ID with no payment method attached!